MATHEMATICS AND STATISTICS DEPARTMENT
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics of the Universidad del Norte is seeking exceptional candidates at all career levels from areas related to Data Science. An ideal candidate for this position works in any area of the realm of mathematics that develops and applies techniques in Statistics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analysis, Big data or any other related area.
Qualifications and applications
– A typical applicant will hold B.SC. in mathematics, and a Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics. Machine learning or any closely related area, and is expected to master R and/or Python programming languages.
– In addition to strong research credentials, as measured by publication record, established or potential funding levels, and other academic recognition, candidates are expected to provide evidence or potential for high quality teaching in undergraduate and graduate-level statistics courses.
– Evidence of ability to teach in English is mandatory (candidates without this evidence will not be considered). This evidence could be fulfilled in several ways including language certificates, teaching experience, conferences, etc.
– For senior applicants, evidence of robust external funding and interdisciplinary research are essential, while evidence of engagement with national or international disciplinary organizations, and connections with industrial, government, and/or other professional sectors, are desirable and appreciated.
What we offer
– Competitive salaries with professional stability.
– Highly qualified professorship and researchers.
– Family responsible work environment
– Top best places to work in Colombia.
– Beautiful university campus located in Barranquilla, cosmopolitan and industrial city in the northern Caribbean Coast region of Colombia.
Candidates interested in the position should send in a single PDF file the following information:
– Cover letter (addressed to the Chair of the Department outlining how the candidates profile fits into the described vacancy)
– Curriculum Vitae (at most 4 pages) including list of publications and teaching experience
Interested candidates will be required to send
– Research statement (current and past research is explained)
– Copy of all diplomas (undergraduate and graduate)
– Two (2) letters of recommendation where the recommenders address both the candidate’s scientific and teaching skills.
The PDF files with the application materials should be sent to email@example.com with subject: Vacancy Mathematics 2020.
Should you have any question, contact:
Karen Flórez Lozano
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Universidad del Norte
+57 5 3509509 ext 4326